Skip to main content

Taking the Time to Become an Autism Friendly Business



     As you all may know - is Autism Awareness Month and my company The Imagination Laboratory has always supported this cause; however I must admit I never really looked thoroughly into Autism. This year, as I prepared my annual Autism Awareness Day post, I came across loads of information and felt lead to explore more in depth. In my exploration, I came across an autism training for early childhood educators. Talk about perfect timing, right! Since I don't believe in coincidences and because I like to be well informed in all I do - I signed up right away. I must say it was one of the best choices I've made. This training really blessed me and sparked my interest to learn more. 
     
     As a business owner, I think it is vitally important to be knowledgeable, trained and certified in a variety of areas that concern your profession. I have heard many sad stories about how children and their families were treated inappropriately because an employee or manager were untrained on how to handle certain situations and in most cases it could have been avoided with a little training. Personally, I always strive to stay in the know when it comes to the 411 on early childhood happenings. But, oh course one training can't cover everything, so I will be taking other trainings and speaking with other professionals in order to make my programs accessible to all families. After all, I can not fulfill my vision if it leaves out so many families, like the ones affected by autism. I truly thank God for gracing me with this training and I look forward to creating a suitable, inclusive program that all families can enjoy. 

     Don't worry, I won't leave you out of the loop, you all will be one of the first to know when that program becomes available. If you are a parent, grandparent, guardian or caregiver of a child with autism feel free to send me an email at info@theimaginationlaboratory.com, I'd love to hear your input on ways I can design an autistic friendly program. 

Let's learn together, 

❀ Mrs. Mae


Comments

  1. This was an amazing read. I totally agree, it is vitally important to know more about your profession by taking courses and doing what's necessary to gain more knowledge. Study to show thyself approve right? Thanks so much for sharing with us Mrs.Mae

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...