Skip to main content

5 Tips for Shopping with Small Children on Black Friday


As we approach the infamous day after Thanksgiving, better known as Black Friday, I thought I'd be nice to share some of my shopping tips with you!

1. Shop the week before because there are tons of great deals that won't be available on Black Friday! I know Black Friday is looked at as this big huge deals day, but truth be told it's really the week before that is a great time to shop. I know this personally from years of watching the sales ads, so don't wait grab your gifts early this year. 

2. Shop with your spouse or a buddy, so
that there is always someone to watch the kids and take turns with restroom duty. Things can get super complex if it's just you with the kids and the holiday bags. I have 3 daughters and I am speaking from personal experience. Shopping alone with them on any given day includes potty breaks for my toddler, feedings for my infant and constant watch of my oldest; this combined with the bags and the crowds in not ideal, so get someone to tag alone with you for an extra set of hands.

3. Shop online- This may be the most important tip I have for you, especial when you have small children. There are many deals online that aren't available in store and when you are shopping with little ones it's best to save yourself time and spare your children the frustration of the crowds and long waits in the checkout line

4. If shopping online is not an option for you and you must go out with the kids to pick up that special item, Plan ahead!
  • Pack  snacks and drinks
  • Map out your shopping route (noting near by restrooms)
  • Dress comfortable in layers and brings jackets in case it's cold
  • Antibacterial wipes are a must to wipe carts and little hands
  • Pack a small activity for your kids to enjoy while they wait - coloring books and stickers are great!
  • Bring your shopping list and stick to it!
  • Have your sales ads already prepared for reference just in case the stores run out.
  • Make sure you have something to organize your receipts, so they won't get damaged or lost and be sure to get gift receipts too.
5. Don't stress, if you miss Black Friday there is always Cyber Monday! :)

I hope you find these tips helpful, HAPPY SHOPPING!
Mrs. Mae
Join me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, Instagram

Comments

  1. Great tips!! I love black Friday shopping but it's always interesting with kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just take number 3 and stick with it. LOL I have been a loyal Amazon Prime member since 2003. Yup, I'm that odd woman that hates shopping. Especially during the holidays. Great tips though, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes online shopping is the best! So easy and convenient :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...